httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Daniel.T.Hellstr...@telia.se>
Subject SV: [users@httpd] make files accessible without index.html file
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:27:31 GMT
I just noticed something:
1.
With the index.html present I type: server.ip/username
I get to see the index.html (by softlink)

2.
If I remove the index.html file and type: server.ip/username
I get an error in error_log: "Directory index forbidden by rule: /var/www/html/username/"

3.
If I remove index.html file and type: server.ip/~username
It works !! I can see the files and dirs in the home dir :))

To my question: How can I make it show the files and dirs by using the softlink ?

/Dan