httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Daniel.T.Hellstr...@telia.se>
Subject [users@httpd] howto get started
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:43:25 GMT
If I try to connect a users homepage on my webserver before I have created the public_html
dir in the users home dir I get this:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~pia on this server.
--
And if I create the public_html dir in the users home dir and then try to access it I get
this:

Description : Unable to connect to origin web server. The web site you are attempting to access
is currently unreachable. This may be due to a network outage, or the web site might be experiencing
technical difficulties.
--

If I check the error_log it says: "client denied by server configuration: /home/pia/public_html