httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Daniel.T.Hellstr...@telia.se>
Subject [users@httpd] simple question
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:57:03 GMT
I have installed apache on my mandrake system and I can access the deafult homepage on it.
My question is:
How do I make it so that users on the system can put up their own hompages ? I tried making
a softlink in /var/www/html pointing to a users home directory, lets call him john, like this:
"ln -s /home/john/www john" and then of course made a dir in /home/john called www, but it
won´t work.
I have looked through several "getting started" guides but I haven´t found anything about
this.