httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] headername
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:37:55 GMT
I think the main point is that HeaderName is only invoked when there is a request which leads
to a directory listing. In this event, apache has a valid directory to access. The filename
argument to HeaderName is therefore taken relative to that directory. I guess that if you
tried an absolute path (e.g. /home/web/header.html) and you were trying to list mydir with
docroot /home/web/html, then apache would end up looking for /home/web/html/mydir//home/web/header.html
- which obviously wouldn't exist and you'd get a 404.