httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess is ignored
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:42:12 GMT
As other respondents have pointed out, you need "AllowOverride AuthConfig" in the main httpd.conf
to allow the server to read the .htaccess file. However, once it does read it, you will get
no access at all to the directory because of the big "Deny from all" directive...

If you are trying to mix authentication with IP-based access control (Allow, Deny) then you
should look at the "Satisfy" directive - see docs for details.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle