httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] URL ending with dot gives Forbidden Access error
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:20:04 GMT
Hmmm... so it's not just a browser caching problem.

My next guess would be a "red herring scenario" - that is, that the 403 has arisen because
of another change you made to the config and is nothing to do with the extra dot. Why did
you type in the URL in the first place? Was it to test a change you'd made? If so, what was
the change?

I just tried adding a dot to an IP-URL and I get a network error from the browser (i.e. the
request never gets to the server). When I remove the dot, the site works fine immediately..