httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI-problem meant to be configuration issue?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:58:49 GMT
500 does not look good - it means "Internal Server Error"...

The problem is with the script. It is not working in the CGI environment. Remember that the
CGI shell is a basic shell with none of the environment variables that you set in .cshrc etc.
Things to check:

- does it rely on any environment variables? If so, import them with $ENV{VARIABLE-NAME} =
"whatever";
- does it open any files or call any other programs using a relative path
- is apache running on the same machine as your command line shell (e.g. /usr/bin might be
different)

Rgds,

Owen Boyle