httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] how do I add PNG support to my freebsd 4.6-Stable/apache 2.0.40 test server
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 07:42:59 GMT
PNG is "portable network graphics" - an open-source replacement for GIF. On the server side,
it is just another binary file. All you need to do is make sure that you have a mime-type
defined for it either in conf/mime.types or via an AddType directive in httpd.conf. The appropriate
mime-type is "image/png".

On the client side (i.e. the browser) there has to be a capability to render this type of
image format. I think most recent browsers have this by default - what browser are you viewing
the image with?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle