httpd-users mailing list archives

From "JP" ...@msfree.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] VirtualDocumentRoot and ftp upload
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:31:26 GMT
Hi,

i have setup apache with the VirtualDocumentRoot directive to be able
to offer web hosting to few of my friends.

I'm using " VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/html/%2+/%1/ " So A request to
www.domain.ca is serve by /var/www/html/vhosts/domain.ca/www/

This is working find. Now i want my friends to be able to upload their
content to the web server by ftp.

So before i setup the ftp server i would like to know what would be the
best way to manage my friends data.

Should i move /var/www/html/vhosts/domain.ca/www to /home/domain.ca/www
and change my VirtualDocumentRoot directive to /home/%2+/%1 and set
their username to domain.ca ? That way, when they will ftp to the web
server they will be in their home directory which will be
/home/domain.ca ??

Any help or recommendations would be great !

Thanks,

JP
jp@msfree.ca