httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Lamb <sl...@slamb.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] i'am to stupid to configure suexec
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 00:24:12 GMT
Jochen K├Ąchelin wrote:
> Do you also have the "LoadModule suexec_module modules/mod_suexec.so" line?
>
> No, there's no line in my /etc/httpd/httpd.conf!
>
> /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -l shows:
>

> Compiled in modules:
[...]
>   mod_suexec.c

Oh, okay. You don't need it, then.

> I'am looking for a script to test my configuration!
>
> How  can  I  test under what user a perl-Script is running!

There are special variables in perl that describe the current uid and
gid. Take a look at "perldoc perlvar" for details, but this should tell
you what you want:

     #!/usr/bin/perl
     print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
     print "I am real uid $<, effective uid $>.\n";
     print "I am real gid $(, effective gid $).\n";

Real and effective should be the same here, I think.

If you want to be really sure, be sure to test some failure cases, too -
a user below the minimum number, overly permissive permissions, etc. You
should get an unhelpful error message when viewing the page and
something more useful in suexec_log.

Scott