httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Denny Snyder" <dsny...@suscom.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make files accessible without index.html file
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:08:24 GMT
What if you add a trailing "/"?

If this allows the page to load then modify your /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file (RH path,
yours could be different)

# Virtual host Default Virtual Host
<VirtualHost blahblah.blah:80*/>
        ServerName  blahblah.blah
        DirectoryIndex  index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml
        ServerSignature email
        LogLevel  warn
        HostNameLookups off
</VirtualHost>

In the default config (for me it was anyway) I had the following snippet from above like this:
<VirtualHost _default_:*>

When I added the "/" on the end and did a httpd restart - everything worked as advertised.
 (I then went in later and put
the correct server url in so the email signature worked properly.)

I'm running RedHat 7.2 on my particular user web server.

Hope this helps!!