httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RH linux vs W2000
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:09:50 GMT
Ceas Nux wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I'm working on an intranet project using
> Apache server under RH Linux and W2000
> OS.
>
> I've configured both systems to use
> oci8 functions with PHP 4.2.2 and Apache 2.0.
>
> The problem is that W2000 system is working
> faster than the Linux one. Does anybody have
> any idea to improve the Apache-Linux performance ?

That isn't incredibly surprising to me.  Apache 2.0 on Win2k should be
quite fast.

On the other hand, it could be some configuration that you've messed up
in Apache, PHP, or the OS. But it is really impossible to give you very
much specific guidance.  We have no idea what kind of work-load you are
talking about, or how you are measuring speed.

A couple things to try:
- Use the worker mpm on linux.  It should be more scalable, if not
necessarily faster.
- Read http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/perf-tuning.html

Joshua.