httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and SSL
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 12:44:28 GMT
ssl uses certificates, to secure the transaction with client browsers,
unless you have a certificate with every virtual hoste name you won't be
able to use ssl with virtual hosts.

you can have one certificate and run any ssl transactions for the
virtual hosts through it, but the call for the ssl will have to specify
the true host name in it or it won't work.