httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question on how Apache server switches routinely run
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:38:49 GMT
Julie Ann wrote:
> Ok, very sorry. Now, I guess the meat of my APACHE
> question is this. How does a server switch USUALLY go.
> I understand dk3 is down, and I have messaged them,
> but I have no idea what actually happens in an Apache
> server transfer. If someone could explain that (and
> knowing that dk3 is doing the tranfering might help)
> I'd have a better knowledge of Apache. Thanks

[Slightly better question, but ...]

This is sort of like asking, "When people move from one building to
another, how does it usually go?  Do they usually break all the
furniture?"  The answer is, we have no idea what they are doing.  But
they certainly didn't do a very good job if your site is off-line for an
extended period.  Upgrading or changing a server involves careful
planning and implementation.  It sounds like dk3 messed up, but there is
absolutely no way for us to know how.

Joshua.