httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] incompleted downloaded file
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:44:00 GMT

start of the thread: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=102873192619488&w=2.

>>There was a discussion about the fact that you do indeed get a 200 response in the
header - so it does really come before the data. i.e. the 200 means "I found the file and
you are authorised to receive it so here it comes..." If it subsequently fails in transit,
you don't get any notification (it's not a handshake).

> How do I ensure data is right if I  receive 200 OK code?

As Owen says, since the status code is sent at the beginning of the
response, there is no way to tell at that point if the response will be
completely sent.  From the client side, you can check if you received
the complete response by comparing the response length to the content
length (or by verifying correct chunks in HTTP/1.1).

Joshua.