httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias - last time, I promise
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:31:43 GMT
Mitch Vincent wrote:
> What I want to do is organize directories like this :
>
> /usr/site/www/<domain>/<requested URL>
>
> but I can't seem to get the rules to work for every hostname.. Using
>
> /usr/site/www/%2+/%0
>
> gets it right when someone wants www.example.com but not when someone
> wants www.something.example.com
>
> and /usr/site/www/%3+/%0
>
> gets it when they want www.something.example.com but not www.example.com
>
> Am I missing something simple? I doubt I'm the first to want to organize
> things this way but I can't seem to find anything on how to do it..

Part of the reason you aren't getting a response is because you aren't
asking a clear question.  EXACTLY WHAT do you want for <domain>?  It is
not in any way clear from your question.

If I make the guess that you always want <domain> to be the last two
parts of the hostname, then you would simply use %-2+, which would get
you an example.com result from both www.something.example.com and
www.example.com.  If that is not what you want, you'll have to actually
tell us what it is you do want.

Joshua.