httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] what configuration for multi-user webserver
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:18:33 GMT
Jochen K├Ąchelin wrote:
> My current configuration (2.0.40 / Red Hat Valhalla):

>   Is  prefork  the recommended setting for a webserver with about 50
>   VirtualHosts, or dexter, worker....?
>
>   How can I switch to Dexter?

Prefork is recommended for the most stable possible server, especially
if you are using modules like php or mod_perl that depend on third-party
libraries.  Worker is recommended for the greatest scalability.

All other unix mpms are experimental and should not be used unless you
want to be involved in the development process.

Joshua.