httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI/PERL setup issue 2.0.40/Win32
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2002 15:56:32 GMT
Glen Stormbind wrote:

> <Directory />
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
> </Directory>
>
> # I want to use .htaccess files because that's what my remote
> # server is setup to accept and keeping things as similar as
> # possible makes it easier for me to understand
>
> AllowOverride Options

Well, that AllowOverride in the global content is going to be overridden
itself by the <Directory /> block above.  Probably what you want is
something more like
<Directory "c:/path/to/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride Options
</Directory>

> # Windows doesn't allow files to have no name so .htaccess is
> # not allowed

That isn't strictly true.  Many windows editors have a hard time dealing
with files that start in a "dot", but windows itself is fine with them.
  Often if you create an empty .htaccess file first, the editor will be
happy with it.

> AccessFileName ht.access
> <Files ~ "^\ht.">

I don't think does at all what you want.  More likely <Files ~ "^ht\.">

> Further, I don't know the path to PERL that goes in the first line of
> the CGI/PERL scripts or even if WinXP requires this.

It is required unless you set "ScriptInterpreterSource registry" in
httpd.conf.  Do you have perl installed on the system at all?

JOshua.