httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Local on windows 98
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2002 08:01:26 GMT
a couple of questions, what version of apache? ( it does make some
differences )
and what else have you done with the http.conf file?
did you put a document root path in, or is it commented out?
for win98 system it should be
c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs
that is the normal default for it.
more details about your configuration do help.
and you don't really need the localhost in there, apache will recognise
localhost or 127.0.0.1 anyway.
you may want to put it to a specific port and not leave on the default,
as then you don't get the port opened to the internet.