httpd-users mailing list archives

From Greg <sys...@techgroupinc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_cgi auth_sspi Zope WebDAV problem on Apache 2.0.39
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:01:43 GMT
I have Zope content served through Apache. I need help with WebDAV
access and mod_cgi is passing headers incorrectly.

Apache(on Win2k) is doing NTLM authentication for me.  Zope(on Win2k)is
setup in REMOTE_USER mode accessed through PCGI. It appears that since
Apache is doing the authentication, Zope has no way of knowing who I am
if accessed directly on port 8080, so I can't just bypass Apache.  This
works almost perfectly, except for WebDAV.  WebDAV fails when accessing
the Apache server to get Zope files.

I found a page stating what the problem is, mod_cgi wont pass the HTTP
OPTIONS headers.  It just keeps them for itself.  The patch is here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/Misc/mod_cgi_webdav_patch.html

I have been unable to apply the patch to the mod_cgi.c file.  I am not a
C++ programmer, but I am guessing it's because I have Apache 2.0.39 and
the patch was dated from 1999 on an older version of mod_cgi.  OR, maybe
because I am doing this all in Windows and all instructions are in unix.

I read the Apache docs, searching for anything with directives
pertaining to the HTTP OPTIONS problem with mod_cgi as described in the
link above.  I didn't find any new options or patches.

Is there a way to put that patch code into mod_cgi in Apache 2?  I have
read the docs on compiling Apache for Win32, but didnt find anything on
compiling just a mod.  Even if I could compile it, I wouldn't know how
to put the code into the mod.

If you have any ideas to get WebDAV working through Apache or could
point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

This was posted on the Zope list, but the only response I got was to
read the archives.  (Which I did.)

Thanks in advance!
Greg