httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Web server replication
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:17:26 GMT

Neil Freeman wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Please could someone shed some light on how web server
> replication/resilience is performed.
>
> What I am attempting to do is have one machine set up as a default web
> server, but if anything should happen to it then a second machine should
> come into play (but with content identical to the first server). So in
> other words how do I keep the two web server's content in sync?
well, if you are running a *nix machine you should have either mirror or
mirrordir ( or both )
either running on second maachine will keep them synced at whatever
interval you specify.

there is also sync, which does the same.

not sure how to get the second machine to start running as the primary
if the first goes down.

and completely lost on doing the synchronisation between the machines on
windows machines.