httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denise Pederson <Denise.Peder...@usask.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory access
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:30:07 GMT
I did copy / paste it and we were surprised it worked. In the Httpd.conf
 we have the following statement.#
# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's home
# directory if a ~user request is received.
#
UserDir public_html

<Directory "/*/*/public_html">
    Options +ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

But until we added the lines to Mod_perl.conf, Perl scripts would not
run. Can you provide a little more detail of your idea of <Directory and
does it matter if its in Mod_perl.conf or Httpd.conf.

Joshua Slive wrote:

> Denise Pederson wrote:
>
>> We have perl scripts running under the user cgi-bin directories and
>> the common cgi-bin directories by specifying in the Mod_perl.conf:
>>
>> Alias /*/*/*/  "/*/*/public_html/CGI-bin/"
>>
>> <Location /*/*/*>
>>    SetHandler perl-script
>>    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>>    Options ExecCGI
>>    Allow from all
>>    PerlSendHeader On
>> </Location>
>

> Hmmm... I have a feeling you typed that in from memory rather than
> copy-pasting.  That Alias directive should not work.  If it does, I'd
> be very surprised.
>
> To answer your question, I'd start by using <Directory> rather than
> <location>, since you are talking about file-system object.
>
> You probably want something like
> <Directory /device/*/public_html/CGI-Bin>
> </Directory>
> and then another one for
> <Directory /device/apache/cgi-bin>
> </Directory>