httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory access
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:01:56 GMT
Denise Pederson wrote:
> We have perl scripts running under the user cgi-bin directories and the
> common cgi-bin directories by specifying in the Mod_perl.conf:
>
> Alias /*/*/*/  "/*/*/public_html/CGI-bin/"
>
> <Location /*/*/*>
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>    Options ExecCGI
>    Allow from all
>    PerlSendHeader On
> </Location>

Hmmm... I have a feeling you typed that in from memory rather than
copy-pasting.  That Alias directive should not work.  If it does, I'd be
very surprised.

To answer your question, I'd start by using <Directory> rather than
<location>, since you are talking about file-system object.

You probably want something like
<Directory /device/*/public_html/CGI-Bin>
</Directory>
and then another one for
<Directory /device/apache/cgi-bin>
</Directory>