httpd-users mailing list archives

From Denise Pederson <Denise.Peder...@usask.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory access
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:49:00 GMT
We have perl scripts running under the user cgi-bin directories and the
common cgi-bin directories by specifying in the Mod_perl.conf:

Alias /*/*/*/  "/*/*/public_html/CGI-bin/"

<Location /*/*/*>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    Options ExecCGI
    Allow from all
    PerlSendHeader On
</Location>

The user CGI-BIN directories are 3 levels down
(/device/user/public_html/CGI-Bin) and in order to get the Common
CGI-BIN scripts to run we had to 3rd level to the directory
structure(/device/apache/CGI-BIN/CGI-Bin).

First of all we don't like having it wide open /*/*/*/, is there a more
explicit way of specifying it. And we don't want to add that 3rd level
to the Common CGI-BIN directory.

--
Denise Pederson, BSc.
Systems Administrator