httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Strange behavior of Apache 1.3.26
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:44:51 GMT
Wick, Daniel wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> It looks as though mod_spelling is doing its job.  Your request was "close
> enough" to the .old file and mod_spelling fixed up the request for you.  If
> you don't want this to happen, disable mod_spelling or do a deny on all the
> .old file types as Robert suggested.

Watch the attributions.  Joshua didn't ask the question; he (I) answered it.

mod_speling is also a possibility, but it is less likely than
multiviews.  If mod_speling is the cause, then the URL reported by the
browser would change to file.php.old, and he didn't report that
happening.  (But he might have just not looked.)

Joshua.