httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sam Reid <...@evolvosystems.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy GET variables
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:12:07 GMT
Yes, I did simply remove mod_gzip from my configuration.

The post that gave me the clue was this one:

http://lists.over.net/pipermail/mod_gzip/2002-July/006250.html

The author includes a patch to mod_gzip that he says should fix the
problem, though I haven't yet tested this. He also theorizes about the
possible causes for the bug.

Good luck!

-Sam

cedric.lejeune wrote:
> [...]
>
> hooked to
>
>>[P] proxy would immediately cause problems.
>>
>>As soon as I commented out mod_gzip everything worked
>
> perfectly.
>
>>Hopefully my experience can save someone else wasting 2 days
>
> on this as
>
>>I did!
>>
>>-Sam
>>
>>Sam Reid wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I usually try not to bother lists if I can possibly help
>>
> it, but after
>
>>>driving myself nuts trying to understand mod_proxy when it
>>
> didn't work
>
>>>the way I expected, I'm now at the point of
>>
> desperation/giving up. I
>
>>>have a feeling that I'm just missing something obvious
>>
> though, so
>
>>>possibly someone here can help.
>>>
>>>I have a virtual host on my Apache server which is on a
>>
> public IP
>
>>>address. This host is supposed to be a non-caching reverse
>>
> proxy for a
>
>>>web application running on another web server inside the
>>
> NAT'd network,
>
>>>192.168.0.xxx.
>>>
>>>I've set up the Virtual host with the following directives:
>>>
>>><IfModule mod_proxy.c>
>>>     ProxyRequests Off
>>>     NoCache
>>>     ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.126/
>>>     ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.126/
>>></IfModule>
>>>
>>>This all works perfectly for all POST requests and GET
>>
> requests without
>
>>>parameters.
>>>
>>>However while 'GET http://public.address.com/' and 'GET
>>>http://public.address.com/index.php' both work, 'GET
>>>http://public.address.com/index.php?fubar=123' returns a
>>
> 404!
>
>>>Why is this, and what can I do about it? Appending any
>>
> parameters with a
>
>>>"?" to a GET returns a 404 and a message in the proxying
>>
> server's log
>
>>>files like this:
>>>
>>>[Tue Sep 10 12:16:03 2002] [error] [client 1.2.3.4] File
>>
> does not exist:
>
>>>proxy:http://192.168.0.126/index.php?fubar=123
>>>
>>>After checking the origin server's logs it is clear that
>>
> the request is
>
>>>never made by the proxy to the origin server if there is
>>
> a "?" appended
>
>>>to the file name.
>>>
>>>I have tried messing around with mod_rewrite but despite
>>
> reading Ralph
>
>>>Engelschall's tutorial and examples still couldn't quite
>>
> see where it
>
>>>fits in to the mod_proxy scheme of things.
>>>
>>>I replaced the ProxyPass and ProxyReservePass with the
>>
> following, but
>
>>>the results were identical:
>>>
>>>RewriteEngine On
>>>RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://192.168.0.126/$1 [P]
>>>
>>>Any relevant example or even a hint would be hugely
>>
> appreciated!
>
>>>I'm running Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a

EUR/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34EUR/mn)"