httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL on Apache 2
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:18:36 GMT
well, it's not part of 2.0.39. for that buid, you have to download
openssl & build it, then configure apache to enable ssl & along with
mod_ssl (if you want dynamic configuration), and then build apache.

the macros are easily replaceable for your particular system. we disable
assembly code to make the installation portable.

build_openssl_unix:
	cd $(SSL_ROOT); ./config no-asm shared --openssldir=$(PROJECT_ROOT)/ssl_inst
	cd $(SSL_ROOT); $(MAKE) all install
	touch $@

### this macro is for the shared mods we build for apache..
SHARED_MODS=--enable-cache=shared --enable-cern_meta=shared
--enable-charset_lite=shared --enable-dav=shared --enable-example=shared
--enable-ext_filter=shared --enable-file_cache=shared
--enable-mime_magic=shared --enable-proxy=shared --enable-suexec=shared
--enable-unique_id=shared --enable-usertrack=shared

##### see the '--enable --with-ssl='
build_apache2_unix:
	cd apache2/src;./configure --prefix
/vobs/WEB/src/apache2/apache_deploy_root --enable-module=most
--enable-mods-shared=most --with-port=7080 --with-mpm=worker
--enable-ssl --with-ssl=$(SSL_INST)  $(SHARED_MODS)
	$(PERL_PROG) ${SRC_ROOT}/scripts/mod_ssl_link_fix.pl
$(APACHE2_HOME)/src/modules/ssl/modules.mk
	cd apache2/src;make
	$(PERL_PROG) ${SRC_ROOT}/scripts/fix_apache2_makefiles.pl
	cd apache2/src;make install

#### here's the perl script we use to fix up the link on openssl..

### apache link flags appear to be wrong for mod_ssl
### on unix

$writeFile = $ARGV[0];
print $writeFile;
$readFile = $writeFile . ".bak";
rename ($writeFile, $readFile);
open READ_FILE, "<$readFile" or die "$!\n";
open WRITE_FILE, ">$writeFile" or die "$!\n";
while (<READ_FILE>) {
   s/ssl_util_table.lo/ssl_util_table.lo -lcrypto -lssl/;
   print WRITE_FILE $_;
}

## cleanup..
unlink READ_FILE;

cheers,
andy

Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr. wrote:

> Is mod_ssl built into the code for Apache 2.0.40 or is it something I have
> to download?  I've found no information which lists simple installation
> instructions to get SSL working on Apache 2.  Thanks,
> Kenny

buy the buddha a beer & tell him to move on to the next town
--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers
have the freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only
for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail
and any printout thereof.