httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Christian Imbeault ...@mega-bucks.co.jp>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using pipes in CustomLog
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 04:39:46 GMT
Adam Cormany wrote:
> I'm trying to use pipes in CustomLog for my
> access_log.
>
> CustomLog "|/bin/gzip -c >>
> /apache/logs/apache.access_log.gz" combined
> env=!access_dontlog

I've tried the same thing and it doesn't seem to work. I followed what
the apache docs state to do in order to pipe log to gzip but it doesn't
work at all.

I posted this same question but with no answer. Seems nobody pipes their
log to gzip? If people did I would have thought this bug would have been
found out ages ago ...

I will submit this as a bug in either apache or the docs unless you beat
me to it.

Jc