httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Displaying Scripts as text?
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 18:05:29 GMT
David Flanigan wrote:
>   I have some home grown perl scrips that I would like to easily display as
> text, so people can copy the contents of the scripts. Is there an easy way to
> enable this in one directory only, and allowing normal execution in others?
>
>  If I disable Exec CGI for the direcotry in quetsion, rather than seeing the
> script I get a permision denied with the following error:
>
> Options ExecCGI is off in this directory: /var/www/html/perl/

You'll also need to "RemoveHandler .cgi .pl":
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#removehandler
and possibly set an apporpriate content-type "ForceType text/plain":
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#forcetype

Also note that some nasty features of MSIE make it almost impossible to
reliably deliver text/plain content:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#ie-ignores-mime

Joshua.