httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John K. Sterling" <j...@sterls.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple authentications requirements.
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:15:58 GMT

I seem to remember responding to this on the list....... but i'll answer
it again.

>My users are being asked to authenticate TWICE, even if the pages they
want
>to access are in the same domain.  Any ideas where to look?  Doesn't seem
>to be browser-dependent.

Not sure, but I think I have seen this when the ServerName is not set to
the name they are requesting.... this causes a redirect and authenticates
against both (even if they map to the same thing in the dns).  Check what
apache thinks the servername is, and compare that to what the users are
requesting....

sterling