httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Subversion and Apache versions
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:04:20 GMT
Jason Filby wrote:

> I was thinking that this may be possible if we don't use Subversion
> through Apache 2's httpd. After all, doesn't Subversion just require
> the APR of Apache? If we install some of the Apache 2 RPMs, is there
> a way for them to coexist with those of Apache 1.3.22? (so that
> 1.3.22 is not upgraded)

I'm not a subversion expert, but I believe that the server side of
subversion *requires* apache 2.0, not just apr.  The client side only
needs apr.

However, this shouldn't be a problem.  You can install both Apache
1.3.22 and Apache 2.0.  You only need assure that they run on different
ports.

Joshua.