httpd-users mailing list archives

From "BRADLEY, MICHAEL R (SBCSI)" <mb6...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Still trying to figure this bugger out.
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:29:52 GMT
Do you have the "magic" file? It's an ascii text file and you should be able
to view it to see what it's complaining about.  Can you post the
information?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike _ [mailto:rmike81@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 3:25 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Still trying to figure this bugger out.

I just compiled version 2 of apache.  I have to type

apachectl -f /var/www/conf

to get it to work, since for some reason the stupid thing looks in
/usr/local/apache2 for httpd.conf.

However, this command spits out the following messages:

Processing config directory: /var/www/conf
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/highperformance-std.conf
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/highperformance.conf
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/httpd-std.conf
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/httpd.conf
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/magic
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/mime.types
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/ssl-std.conf
Processing config file: /var/www/conf/ssl.conf
Syntax error on line 22 of /var/www/conf/magic:
Invalid command '0', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included

in the server configuration

I moved the file magic out of this folder, but then I got the following
error:

Invalid command 'application/EDI-Consent', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by

a module not included in the server configuration

I'm trying to run apache2 on my openbsd (v 3.1) box.  Any ideas on what the
problem is?