httpd-users mailing list archives

From "BRADLEY, MICHAEL R (SBCSI)" <mb6...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL on Apache 2
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:37:16 GMT
I can't imagine how it would start automatically.  I'm working on HP-UX
11.00 and the file used to start up Apache is hpapache2conf.  It contains
some flags which default to restarting it upon reboot.  Do you have a boot
log that might identify how it was started?  What is the PPID associated
with it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr. [mailto:kdubuisson@kcmria.com]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 2:19 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] SSL on Apache 2

I just downloaded the source, compiled and installed Apache 2.0.40 on Red
Hat 7.3.  All went well; Apache started as expected and I got a result page
on localhost.  I then rebooted the system and to my surprise, Apache was
running.  I didn't have to create a startup/shutdown script like I had in
the past.  But what troubles me is that I can't figure out how Apache is
getting started on boot.  I can't find anything in the /etc/rc.d/init.d
directory.  If someone could clear this up for me (tell me where it gets
started), I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kenny