httpd-users mailing list archives

From "i.t" <...@ithum.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] proxying exchange 2000
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:22:22 GMT
 hi,
> so it would seem that i've effectively 'tricked' clients so that once
> owa sends out its absolute links (webmail.gactr.uga.edu), they will be
> contacting the apache server (owa.gactr.uga.edu) which should then proxy
> to 10.10.11.23.

I'm just curious how much time you've spent to find that out with the parallel
directories since there is nothing within the docs about that; and I've just
recently translated mod_proxy to .de

(with that answer:
thank you very much for the translation. But please, could you do the
translation on the xml file. I'm sure you'll find it much easier to work
with. And ... the xml files are the basis. The html file will be
generated from xml.

Could you also make the translation a little bit more fluent please.
Sentences like
"Verbesserungen und Fehlerbeseitigungen wurden in Apache v1.2.x und in
Apache v1.3.x gemacht, dann unterging das Modul einer General├╝berholung
f├╝r Apache v2.0"
are difficult to read.

> well - I've done a bit on my own.
> Example:
> - removed dead link to # Using Netscape hostname shortcuts
> - shortened due to the ProxyRemote directive the chapter about
> domains, subnet, ipaddr
> that should be general knowledge of a webmaster/system administrator,
> and is not useful for a quick overview, and there is additionally a
> link to DNS caveats.
> - added 1 or 2 sentences for ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse

Well, this should be done first at the original english file.
Translations shouldn't create an own documentation tree. Please, could
you send a patch (diff -u) for mod_proxy.xml?

> I'm missing a good example for a reverse proxy configuration with
> ProyRemote embedded in a virtual host and hidden by another forward
> proxy. Anyone here :- ?

Not from me, sorry.
)

cheers