httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Skwar <lists.ASk...@email-server.info>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] URL ending with dot gives Forbidden Access error
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:32:05 GMT
So sprach Boyle Owen am 2002-09-17 um 14:20:04 +0200 :
> I just tried adding a dot to an IP-URL and I get a network error from the browser (i.e.
the request never gets to the server). When I remove the dot, the site works fine immediately..

Well, http://193.99.144.71./ (heise.de) works fine in Opera, Konqueror,
Galeon (Mozilla), w3m, lynx, links and wget.

However, I'd also be interested in knowing why he did that in the first
place...

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)