httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Zander" <mark_zan...@email.com>
Subject [users@httpd] FrontPageServerExtensions/Apache questions
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:41:50 GMT
Having still not figured a good way to make FPSE work with Apache and LDAP authentication,
we have come up with somewhat of a workaround.  But I have a few other FPSE questions, and
I'm hoping there are other poor unfortunate souls out there who have to deal with this beast
too:

1)  Does FPSE keep its own log somewhere, and if so where?

2)  Is there a switch on the server side to tell the client to publish all pages or just changed
pages?  In testing we are having a problem with this.  We tell the client to just publish
changed pages, but all the pages get republished every time.

3)  The Apache process(es) (libhttpd.ep) for the FPSE server occasionally just start taking
over the CPU.  No one will be publishing or viewing the sites, but the process will be using
25% - 45% of the CPU and will go on until we restart the server.  Has anybody else seen something
like this?  Any ideas on what is causing it or how to stop it?

TIA!!

Mark