httpd-users mailing list archives

From Randy Curry <rcurry12...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2 on Windows 2000
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:32:41 GMT

I compiled Apache 2.0.40 using Visual C++  6 (from within the IDE ) on a Windows 2000 box.
I used the "Installbin" project to build and automatically install, as described at http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/win_compiling.html
. The problem is that the httpd.conf and httpd.default.conf files that the install puts in
Apache2/conf folder are empty (0kb). I know there is more configuring that needs to be done
after compile and install, but I can't seem to find the info on how and what to do. Can someone
provide or point to info on the conf file issue, and also in general what to do to get Apache
2 up and running after compiling on a Windows 2000 box?