httpd-users mailing list archives

From "i.t" <...@ithum.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache SSL Install issues.
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:49:28 GMT

> Everything worked well until the make install.  During the rebuild of
> Apache I lost PHP integration and all the standard modules, ended up with
> just Core and one other.  I began rebuilding PHP, SSL, Apache etc in
> various and sundry ways and eventually got SSL *seemingly* compiled in but
> when Apache started it complained that I had not compiled PHP for EAPI
> version, which I had, refused to load PHP and quit.  Removing the AddModule
> and LoadModule lines from httpd.conf solved that but left me with no PHP
> support.

the following scheme should do the trick for you:
- after unpacking apache just do a simple configure
- go to php dir, all php stuff now including make install
- in the apache dir save config.nice to config.nice.php
- do the ssl stuff
- merge the new config.nice with the .nice.php
- add some optons if you like
- run config.nice

--
 . ___