httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Cormany <acorm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using pipes in CustomLog
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:11:55 GMT
You can report it if you like. I wasn't sure if it was
just me or what. I've tried using Pipes in TransferLog
also with no luck. I tried:

TransferLog "|rotatelogs /apache/logs/access_log 60"

Just to see if I could get it to rotate every 60
seconds. I've been waiting 20 minutes and haven't see
any progress yet.

My main goal, I was hoping I could write to a gzip or
bzip2 file to keep it compressed, then transfer and
rotate the logs every week. So far, I have had no luck
with any of it.

--- Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp>