httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Cormany <acorm...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using pipes in CustomLog
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:04:36 GMT
I'm trying to use pipes in CustomLog for my
access_log.

I have:
SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.gif$" access_dontlog
SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.jpg$" access_dontlog
SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.js$" access_dontlog
SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.css$" access_dontlog

CustomLog "|/bin/gzip -c >>
/apache/logs/apache.access_log.gz" combined
env=!access_dontlog

I restart apache my error_log is saying:
gzip: >>: No such file or directory
gzip: /apache/logs/apache.access_log.gz: No such file
or directory

Is there something I'm doing wrong with my syntax?