httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Filby <jasonfi...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Subversion and Apache versions
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 07:22:02 GMT
Hi

We'll be upgrading our Linux box to use Oracle 9iAS. The application
server includes Apache 1.3.22, which is verified to work with
Oracle's modules. We'd like to run Subversion on this box, but
suspect that this may pose a problem, since Subversion appears to
require Apache 2. Is it possible for Subversion (using Apache 2
libraries) to run on a box with a functioning Apache 1.3.22 server?

I was thinking that this may be possible if we don't use Subversion
through Apache 2's httpd. After all, doesn't Subversion just require
the APR of Apache? If we install some of the Apache 2 RPMs, is there
a way for them to coexist with those of Apache 1.3.22? (so that
1.3.22 is not upgraded)

Thanks
Jason