httpd-users mailing list archives

From farshid.dabesh-k...@bt.com
Subject [users@httpd] Connecting to an Oracle database via Apache
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 14:38:59 GMT
Dear all,

I have all the necessary apache components for connecting to an Oracle
database installed, and I am running .asp pages. One of the .asp pages tries
to connect to an Oracle database on our systems.

However I am guessing that it can not resolve the DSN name specified in the
.asp file.....

oRS.OPEN sqlTEXT, "DSN=noah; UID=noah; PWD=noah"

..... as in how does it know where "noah" is?

is there a way of providing apache with information on how to resolve the
DSN name specified?

is there like a TNSnames.ORA file or equivalent for Unix???

I am running apache 2.0.36, on solaris2.8

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Farshid