httpd-users mailing list archives

From rdku...@starband.net
Subject [users@httpd] installing Apache
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 20:13:29 GMT

Is it possible to configure Apache as a stand alone module in other
words do configure make and make install so it installs all of Apache
in a given directory. It has to install every part in that directory
and when you start this copy of Apache it creates its pid file also in
this directory.
The reason I want to do this is I want to include my own copy of
apache for a program that I have written so when it is installed on
another server it will not depend on what they have installed with
there version of apache. I what my program to be completely stand alone
it will run on it's own port also something like port 800.

Is this all possible to do and if so what do I set in the configuration
to make it do this. I know I can tell it where to install Apache using
--prefix=  and where the to look at the conf file using --sysconfdir= but I what to make sure
it does not install any of the
program outside of a certain directory How do I control where the pid
file is put when you start it and also when it is installed I don't
what the startup scripts put outside the directory.

My last question is will this work can I bundle this all up in a tar
file and un-tar it on another server and start it up without any
problems?

--
Best regards,
 rdkurth                          mailto:rdkurth@starband.net