httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ian Stuart <Ian.Stu...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: SV: [users@httpd] make files accessible without index.html file
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:59:03 GMT
On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 09:18, Daniel.T.Hellstrand@telia.se wrote:
> Hello Jacob
> I´m still working on the problem of being able to list files and directories in a dir.
> So if I type my.ip.to.server/~username it should come up a list of the files and dirs
in that home dir.
Have you enabled User Directories?

>From my 2.0.nn .conf file:
(you'll notice that I don't..)

#
# UserDir: The name of the directory that is appended onto a user's home
# directory if a ~user request is received.
#
#UserDir public_html

#
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
#
#<Directory /home/*/public_html>
#    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
#    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order allow,deny
#        Allow from all
#    </Limit>
#    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order deny,allow
#        Deny from all
#    </LimitExcept>
#</Directory>

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty