httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Vincent <mi...@unixprogramming.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias - last time, I promise
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:33:23 GMT
Thanks for the info -- I just got back and tried it and get something
like this when using %-2+ :

/usr/site/www/www.example/www.example.com/

when requesting www.example.com

What I think I want is something like

VirtualDocumentRoot /usr/site/www/%-1.%-2/%0

but that doesn't work since you can't combine those like that.

Is there something that will always give me the first two parts of the
host name ( the domain) no matter what is requested?

Thanks again for your help!

On Thursday, September 19, 2002, at 11:04  AM, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Mitch Vincent wrote:
>>> If I make the guess that you always want <domain> to be the last two
>>> parts of the hostname, then you would simply use %-2+, which would
>>> get you an example.com result from both www.something.example.com
>>> and www.example.com.  If that is not what you want, you'll have to
>>> actually tell us what it is you do want.
>>>
>> I want to organize my filesystem like this :
>> /usr/site/www/example.com/anything.in.the.world.from.example.com
>> I want to have al hostname of example.com under a directory called
>> example.com
>> Sorry for not being clear, thank you for the reply!
>
> Yep, that's clearer and my guess was right.  So use %-2+ to get the
> last two parts of the hostname.
>
> Joshua.

-Mitch

Computers are like Air Conditioners, they don't work when you open
Windows.