httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make files accessible without index.html file
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:04:18 GMT
> I did that and then I did a -HUP on httpd to make it read the .conf file
again
> (it does that, doesn´t it), but after that when I tried to access
> 192.168.0.20/~john I still couldn´t see the directories in that dir.

You might want to try stopping and restarting the server just to be sure.
 A -USR1 is a graceful restart, and -HUP is a normal restart.

> btw, what chmod are the dirs and files in the directories supposed to have
in
> order for it to work with apache ?

Apache needs read and execute access for dirs, and read access for files.  I
usually do 755 for dirs and 644 for files (if you want it to be able to
serve them up).

-Jacob
http://www.listingbook.com