httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Dump httpd.conf setup question...
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:43:57 GMT
MessageAs a partial web developer myself, I would suggest another approach.
I always like to use absolute addressing, so I just hate user dirs. So why
don't you set up your sites under development as normal virtual hosts, and
either
1) alter your system32\drivers\etc\hosts file to include fony domain names
for them, or
2) get a domain name that has a wild card record pointing to your machine
(ie *.testdomain.com). You could also use a service like dyndns.org for
this.

Regards,
Robert Andersson