httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Takacs Istvan" <istvan.tak...@hungax.com>
Subject [users@httpd] don't have mod_gzip.so after make on solaris
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:55:30 GMT
Hi,

Solaris 8, Apache 1.3.26, mod_gzip 1.3.19.1a

I try to install mod_gzip as an apache modul with this
line:

./configure \
[...]
--add-module=src/modules/extra/mod_gzip.c

The "configure", "make" and "make install" goes
smoothly without any error, but after I edit
httpd.conf and insert the necessary lines for
mod_gzip "apache configtest" wrote this error:

Syntax error on line 19 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_gzip.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/loc
al/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_gzip.so: open
failed:
No such file or directory

Line 19:
LoadModule gzip_module        libexec/mod_gzip.so

And indeed the mod_gzip.so is missing...

Could you help me please what should I check?

Thanks in advance!

Regards;

		Istvan