httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] override redirect
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 05:20:36 GMT
Owen Boyle wrote:
> Interesting question - you want to override a Redirect in a <Directory>
using .htaccess.

> My first guess is that it can't be done since apache will merge directives
in <Directory> and .htaccess to produce a single set of directives. Having
one Redirect in the set will then cause it to be activated. Normally, the
.htaccess file will override the <Directory> where there is a conflict but
since there is no "Redirect Off" directive, you can't switch it off.

Wouldn't it be possible to have a Redirect directive that redirect to the
location it would be without the first Redirect? Like:

# In httpd.conf
Redirect / http://econtent.musclemagazine.com/index2.php?topic=powerclubhome

# In .htaccess
Redirect / /
# ...or... (a bit rusty on Redirect syntax :)
Redirect / http://www.mypowerclub.com/

Regards,
Robert Andersson