httpd-users mailing list archives

From "amol" <a...@aressindia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Server Load
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:09:55 GMT
Dear Friends,
I want to know how if there is any formula that can help me in calculating
the no of virtual domains i can host on 1 server.
Is there any benchmark which we can follow.

thanks in advance .

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 8:15 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] incompleted downloaded file

> You can't. The 200 code comes from the server and is sent *before* the
data (it's in the header!). As I said earlier it means, "I found the file,
you are allowed to have it so here it comes - hope you receive it alright!"

> The client and server communicate only at the HTTP layer which has no
error-checking. You have just got to trust the underlying TCP/IP layer which
actually moves the data. This is really very reliable and has got all the
checksum and CRC stuff going on which verifies data integrity.

> HTTP writes the letter and puts it in the postbox. TCP/IP is the postman
who collects it and delivers it. You trust the postman, don't you :-)